Friday 10 April 2020

The Skeptical Skin


The Skeptical Skin




I am a beautiful black child,
my thoughts are solid and my pride is wild,
no race can change that fact,
nobody will change how i act,
the reason i'm far behind,
is because they forced me to hide,
potential ready to erupt from my blood,
self-driven,strong, i'm like a flower but still a bud,
waiting for it's time to bloom,
my skin screams attention,definitely highest in the room,
i am a beautiful black woman,
my smile is bright, my skin is dark,
if Noah had to choose, you'd definitely be in his VIP ark,
elegant and strong beautiful than you think,
your mark is written on the book of success in bold black ink,
she walks with confidence on the runway of life,
a beautiful mother and a beautiful wife,
top ranks always want to employ her,
her competition trembles because she is brighter,
the world is skeptical about being black,
just because my hair naps you think it's whack,
races are skeptical about the black skin,
narrowed to discrimination and abuse because they can't win,
head some of them created a plague,
wiped out the evidence and shot us on our leg,
now some are out spreading hate on us,
calling us infectious am sorry but that won't pass,
attack the vulnerable who are locked in your borders,
why don't you pick on all of us? that's if you're stronger,
they call us cursed and a disease to society,
Bruce Wayne served with Hunter on a plate, Bon Appetite,
nice menu society!!
from calling us apes to beating us to death,
the black child can't be stopped, they will fill this earth,
I am a beautiful black child,
my attitude is fixed and my instinct is wild,
no race shall determine where i stand,
i give hope and prosperity wherever I land,
no one can tell me what i can and can't do,
a black soul is just like any other soul not a doll voodoo,
this won't stop if the labels are false,
black market, black magic and black sugar,
where do all these come from?The black man's Uber?
I deserve respect from the CEO to the subordinate,
I'm black,I'm not you,no apologies deal with it, let's coordinate,

My brothers and sisters on the other side you won't suffer for long, stand strong stand for your skin, you are away but not alone!

I am skeptical about your.......when they see us..........

-Wayne-


9 comments:

  1. It is a very educative and very placed. Where we should be ..you got the talent brother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one bro
    Am a fan of poetry and basically I just like how you bring out the image of the African Child
    This is raw talentπŸ‘Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt this to the core πŸ₯Ί

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspirstional bro....black is beautiful as Always ✊🏿

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby doing the most our kids will be talented from a mother that writes books to a dad that moves the world with poems ����������

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love.. You literally painted a picture in my head

    ReplyDelete